Now stocking premium organic bagged potting soil & compost!
Compost- 32 lb bags Potting soil- 12 lb bags “26 lb bags of potting soil coming soon” Enr..
DECEMBER 2012 NEWSLETTER-ISSUE #26
DECEMBER 2012 NEWSLETTER-ISSUE #26 ..
We will be closed 11/22 & 11/23 for thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! ..
November 2012 Newsletter
NOVEMBER 2012 NEWSLETTER-ISSUE #25 ..
October 2012 Newsletter
OCTOBER 2012 NEWSLETTER- CELEBRATING TWO YEARS!!!! ..
|Shopping cart is empty.|
DID YOU KNOW?
1. The cost between a Redwood deck and Cedar deck differs by only a dollar or two per square foot.
2. Redwood Heart lumber is naturally decay resistant and does not shrink or warp like some other species.
3. Spectacular “Costal Redwoods” are protected forever in over 350,000 acres of public land. They are not a resource for the lumber industry. (Check ‘em out…..They are spectacular!)
4. Viable sources for Redwood (Farms): Grow 40% more board ft per acre than the next fastest growing species…And they plant and grow more trees than they harvest.
5. Wolmanized lumber is now treated with organic “Azole” (a safe food preservative) and is still as effective in preventing decay and termite damage as the old “Copper-arsenate” treated lumber.
6. Lumber that is Kiln Dried after Treatment (KDAT) will not warp and crack as much as “green / wet” lumber that is left to “season”.
7. “Shaking” or “Flat Grain Rise” is when the horizontal grain in lower grades of lumber raise up off the surface and splinter. Vertical grain lumber will not “Shake."
8. A typical 6x6 timber will split and crack where a “Free of Heart Center” (FOHC) 6x6 is less likely to split.
9. There are two main categories of Cedar. The “Western Red” cedar for fencing and decking, and the “Aromatic Eastern” cedar used mostly for closet lining.
10. Do-it-Best Hardware offers over 65,000 items through this store and it’s Website: www.beyerslumber.com.
Just some interesting facts from Beyers Lumber & Hardware Company. For more facts just ask one of our friendly staff members. Thank you for your interest!